+ Reply to Thread

Bad beat... or any other better way of playing AA

Was Playing 1$/2$(6 Max)... yesterday night at Pokerstars....
    Had AcAd in small blind..... 2 players Limped form UTG+2 and UTG+1...
    I raised 4X BB ....
    BB and UTG+1 called... giving an impression of having a small pocket pairs...or some kind of AJ..AK..AQ.. type hand....
    FLOP came A 3 Q rainbow.... I raised 3/4 th pot... Both players called again > giving an impression that atleast 1 player is drawing to Broadway..
    turn 6d (dry card).. BB checked... i raised pot size( pot committed only 25$ left behind)... UTG+1 folded...
    BB called again..making me 100% sure that BB is drawing to Broadway..since no flush on board...
    river 3h.. making my full boat....BB went all in..and i called...

BB showed pocket 33.. for quad...

Any other way to play AA ? or just a usual Bad beat for me ??? :-[

Thanks
    in the poker game of life, women are the rake

Re: Bad beat... or any other better way of playing AA

well cant see what else you could have done there...just a bad river for u...

Nope ... even trying to keep the pot smaller preflop/flop/turn is not succeeding since you are calling his all-in bet anyway.

Though if that is your standard bet sizing (regardless of the hand strength) you might want to look at that ..

But in that situation ... "That's just poker" ... google and see Daniel Negreanu v Gus Hansen (quads v boat) BIG GAME

that was just as sick ...
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing. Thus, the momentum of one skilled in war is overwhelming, and his attack precisely regulated".

AA are such a looser..lol..
    lost yesterday...again in VC 5000$ freeroll...went all in with AA

AA vs QQ....
    Q on flop...

better way of plying AA is to fold pre flop..lol ;D

Looks like after the flop, he was thinking that you have Ace with high kicker and was trapping you with set of 3. On the other hand you were playing aggressive with set of Aces and you just got unlucky on river with Quad.

I have observed that playing your monster slowly would yield good results, though you can not avoid all-in situations.

slow playing on turn is not correct play.... Because.. checking on turn means 3 players are going to c river...and with me putting atleast 1 person on broadway will mean a free opportunity to draw... and reducing my percentages of winning also....
    AA vs 33 will mean 80:20... while if 3 players like AA vs 33 vs KJ(or J10).... will reduce percentages of winning AA significantly...

As far as my knowledge goes ... never slow play AA.... until u r playing heads UP ...

Correct me if I m wrong..

Nothing you couldn't have done about that OP, Villain was drawing to one out and sadly he got his card.

There was no problem in your betting, this was just one thing that happens once in a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by richestuser View Post
    AA are such a looser..lol..
    lost yesterday...again in VC 5000$ freeroll...went all in with AA

AA vs QQ....
    Q on flop...

better way of plying AA is to fold pre flop..lol ;D
    LMAO .. Live tournament at weekend .. TURBO (15min blinds) 1st hand level 2 .. 50/100 .. 4 limpers and I am in CO seat .. AA raised to 600 about pot odds ... BUTTON raises to 1500 ... one caller .. there is now about 4850 in the pot if I call and I would only have 6,800 left and I do not want to see a three way flop so I shoved ... button calls and mid position folds ... the worst is that the button said "I know what you have but am calling anyway" and shows his QQ .. flop is 10 6 2 rainbow and the turn a $%$%^ "Q" ... and out I go ...

I wondered about flat calling .. but the money would have gone in on the flop anyway ... just sick ...
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing. Thus, the momentum of one skilled in war is overwhelming, and his attack precisely regulated".

bet bet bet all streets sounds fine, its just a bad beat bro ul